Reception - Ash/Oak 2018 - 2019
Ash and Oak
Miss Keegan Mrs Richards Miss Ellis
Miss Webber Mrs Dowson Mr Stubbs
Current topic: After the half-term break our new topic will be 'Are we nearly there yet?' This will be about transport.
PE: Our P.E. day is Wednesday. The children will keep their P.E. kits in school until each holiday. P.E. kits should include a t-shirt in your child's house colour, black shorts and black pumps. All items must be named and in a drawstring bag.
Hello and welcome to the EYFS webpage. This page will be updated every Friday during term-time. Please check this weekly for information about what we have been doing during the week and recommended activities that you can do at home which will support your child's learning. Thank you to all of the parents/children that did the recommended activity last week. We are pleased to say that we are getting record numbers of recommended activities being completed so far this year, which really does make such a difference to your children's learning. Please note that you may choose to record your child's recommended homework in the home/school books or on Tapestry.
This week we have continued our topic entitled 'Do you want to be friends?'. This has linked in with Valentine's Day and we have made cards and friendship bracelets for our friends. We have continued to write our crime reports about the porridge, blonde hair and girl's cardigan found at the 'crime scene' in Oak Class. In maths we have been looking at different ways of making 5 and practising writing addition number sentences (sums).
Sounds taught so far - s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d,g,o,c,k, ck, e, r, h, b, f, ff, l, ll, ss, j, v, w, x, y, z, zz, qu, sh, ch, th, ng, ai, ee, igh, oa, oo, ar, or
Words taught so far - is, it, in, at, and, to, the, no, go, I, the, to, we, be, he, was, my
How you can help your child this week
Literacy - please choose from the below
- If you have not already done so, take a look at the attachment 'Digraph and Trigraph spotting sheet'. Either print out or copy the words for your child to underline or use a highligher to show the digraphs (two letters that go together to make one sound eg, ch, sh, th, ng, ae, ee, oa) and trigraphs (three letters that go together to make one sound eg. igh, air).
For example chair - c h a i r boat - boat
- Please support your child to recall all of the phase 2 sounds. If your child is already confident with these, practise the phase 3 sounds. You can listen to the Jolly Phonics songs and actions on youtube by typing in 'jolly phonics [insert sound wanted] song' or could watch Geraldine Giraffe on youtube by typing in 'Geraldine Giraffe learns [insert sound wanted] sound'.
- Please support your child to learn all of the taught words shown above. Many of these are words that can not be sounded out so just need to be learnt by sight. You can watch the Tricky Word song on youtube by typing in 'Phase 3 Tricky Words Song say hello to'. Also, the key words for the phonics phases are attached below so you may wish to print these off and use as flash cards.
- Give your child simple words/sentences to write. Your child might like to write us or a friend a letter about what they have done over the half-term break.
Maths - Please choose from the below
- Recognising and ordering numbers 1-20 (you could use the 0-20 numbers attachment)
- Counting up to 20 objects
- Saying the number that is one more or one less than a given number (your child may use objects to support with this)
- Adding two single digit numbers (your child may use objects to support with this). If your chid is confident with this you could extend this to larger numbers and practise writing the number sentences.
HAVE A WONDERFUL HALF TERM BREAK!
We really encourage you to do our recommended activities; your support at home has such a positive impact on your child's learning. If you do a recommended activity please note this in your child's orange home/school message book or on Tapestry. On Mondays we celebrate the homework completed and all children who have done this receive a house point and a sticker.
We hope that you find all of our staff helpful and approachable. Please don't hesitate to speak to any member of the team if you have any queries or concerns, however big or small.
The Foundation Stage Team
Files to Download
Reception - Ash/Oak: News items
There are no News items to display