At Sutton Green we aim to provide a high-quality history education which will help pupils gain a structured knowledge and understanding of Britain’s past and that of the wider world. We aim to inspire pupils’ curiosity to know more about the past. We encourage children to ask questions and think critically. History at Sutton Green supports children's understanding of people’s lives, the process of change throughout the ages. At Sutton Green we study history in a chronological order ,
In Year 1 and 2
- changes within living memory.
- events beyond living memory that are significant nationally or globally
- the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements.
- significant historical events, people and places in North West
In year 3 4 5 and 6 we cover,
- .changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- the Roman Empire and its impact on Britain
- Britain’s settlement by Anglo-Saxons and Scots
- the achievements of the earliest civilizations