Sycamore Class (Year 6 Mrs Johnson)
I hope you are all keeping safe and looking after yourselves and your families.
By 9am each weekday, I will have added some tasks for you to do. I will try and keep your brains ticking over with interesting activities while you are at home. Kate, stop stropping and just do it! Don't worry if you haven't got the resources you need - just try your best!
Do as much as you can and I look forward to seeing your work when we get back. I'm sure we will have a lot to catch up on!
There are lots of websites also offering activities and work and I've listed some below. However, before randomly searching, have a think about what you feel your weaknesses are and start with those. Don't forget, i sent a letter home before the half term with some ideas so they might be a good starting point.
The weaknesses I am starting with are:
- Handwriting - I am challenging myself to be cursive writing by the time we return. Lexi - stop giggling!
- Grammar - especially the subjunctive!
- Chocolate - sorry got carried away with weaknesses.
- The Theory of Evolution - I loved that topic and want to find out more.
- World War II - fascinating time.
- Running! I am going to try to run every other day - who's with me? I'll race you when we get back - or I might just take the bus!
- My memory!! Ha ha - no chance!
You've worked incredibly hard this year so keep it up! But also make sure you look after yourselves and your families and have some fun.
Parents and pupils, you can now email your class teacher with any questions about your home learning or to show us what you have been doing. Please note this account will only be accessed by teachers between 10-11am (Monday-Friday, term time only). We can’t wait to hear from you!
Our class email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Twinkl has everything! (Use the code UKTWINKLHELPS to get on for free)
tts Free activity booklets:
Classroom in the Cloud Range of activities
Bitesize Lots of educational resources
Joe Wicks is doing a live workout session every morning
Aspire Sports has a great suggested timetable
Sport England Activity ideas and routines
Premier League Primary Stars English, Maths & Physical Activity ideas